Monday, November 06, 2006

Cake and Costumes


October is always a fun time for me. I can't argue with a month that has both my birthday and Halloween in it. For my birthday, we went to Bennigans, went out dancing, and had a celebration with Frank's dad and Annett. Frank bought me the first birthday cake I've had in almost five years, which was sweet of him. It also had roses on it and was yummy. Can't ask for more than that. :-)

For Halloween, I wanted to dress up and go to costume dances. Fortunately, Frank was willing to oblige and chose Zorro and "his girl" from the list of potential costume options I had made up. Frank looked great, and I loved the way he used his cape as a prop while dancing. We both had fun getting into character. I half expected that we would inadvertently cause some poor older lady or gentleman to have a heart attack with the way we were dancing, but no-one keeled over. They actually complimented us. Never underestimate an 89-year-old who can dance the tango.

No comments: