Saturday, July 30, 2005

arts and crafts director

I'm really enjoying being in charge of arts and crafts, though it can be a bit challenging to teach complicated crafts to large groups of kids. On tie dye day last week, I was exhausted by the end of 5th period. To illustrate - I made a shirt of my own, and when I went to write my name on the ziplock bag, I started it "Jra." To this day I have no idea where I got those letters from or what was going on in my head that made me think that was the way to spell my name. However, I do recall it seeming logical at the time, which is a bit scary.

This morning, the girls staff went up to ambush the boys staff with water balloons at their morning meeting. Most of them escaped, which was a shame. The only retaliatory action they have taken so far is to be unusually affectionate (ie. giving us hugs every time they see us). I certainly can't complain about that. However, I have the feeling something more is in the works. I'll wear clothing I don't mind getting wet tomorrow morning just in case the boys decide to attack then.

No comments: