Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Flitzy stupidity gains new heights

Yesterday I raised the bar for how dippy I can be. Always a good thing to do, I figure - you can never have enough humiliation. Sorry, the sarcastic angst got a bit out of control there.

Anyway, so I was going on a shopping trip for supplies for the banquet at camp with a guy I feel sort of awkward around (due to the fact that I have not yet managed to talk myself out of liking him, though yesterday definitely helped in that department), and I was hungry, so I purchased an ice cream bar as we were going through Sams Club. This was foolish on many levels. Firstly I knew I wouldn't really have time to eat it, as we were in a bit of a rush. Secondly, I knew I would have to eat it while walking (very dangerous proposition). And thirdly, I Know from repeated experience that it is physically impossible for me to eat one of those darn things without getting it all over myself.

Yet still, I decided to purchase one. I guess part of the problem was that it was already half-melted before I started eating it. It got everywhere, and I only had one already-used napkin. I was absolutely useless when it came to getting things into the car, and once I was in the car, I started dripping ice cream everywhere. When we arrived at the next store, I decided in frustration to stay at the car and finish off the stupid ice cream bar before it finished me.

Once I finally finished the darn thing, I was covered in stickiness, and the guy hadn't come out from the store yet (0r so I thought), so I decided to go in and see if I could be any use in finding the hula hoops he needed to buy for the little olympics at camp the next day. I looked all over the store, going down practically every isle (while parents and store workers watched me warily-It was ToysRUs, and I was frazzled, covered in ice cream, and still wearing paint tattoos on my leg from painting day in arts and crafts) then came to the realization that he must have left the store as I was entering. He had. He was waiting with the car in front of the store. It was not one of my finer moments. My level of airheadedness seems to rise exponentially whenever I am anywhere near a guy I find even in the slightest bit attractive, which is dratted inconvenient. Clearly the only acceptable solution is to avoid all of them from now on. :)
If only it were that simple

No comments: