Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Classes and Dancing

Spring semester went well as a whole. The classes I took were very challenging, but in the end, I got As, and my writing improved, so I think it counts as a success. My dancing has also improved, and has become my favorite passtime, my primary social activity, my exercise, and my passion. I've never been very athletic, but dancing has shown me the exhileration that can come from physical activity. When I can feel the music through my body, connect with my partner, and let my movements just flow, it is like magic. There is nothing else like it.

It may seem a bit odd, but as a generally guarded and closed person, I tend not to be very physically affectionate, even with my friends. Dancing has been great in helping me to be more comfortable opening up and expressing myself in that way.


Dancing is also great when you don't have a boyfriend - you can still experience romance and be swept off of your feet. :-)


It's great to have dance partners that I am friends with as well, because then I can just let the chemistry and magic of dance happen without feeling awkward. I dance best with people I know and trust - at least to some degree. For lindy and blues, I primarily dance with Scott, and for the ballroom dances, I have been dancing with Krishna.


Here are some pictures of me dancing with Scott.






Photos were taken by Mandy Watkins.

No comments: