Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sister Time

The main reason I flew home to Delaware for this first part of the summer was to be here for Michelle's graduation. She graduated second in her class, and consequently had to give a speech at graduation. Michelle, like me, is very sensitive, and she has a acute fear of public speaking. Nevertheless, she decided not to back out of the opportunity (other people offered to do the speech for her) and to face down her phobia. I was so proud of her! She got a bit choked up a couple of times during her speech, but everyone in the audience clapped for her until she was able to keep on going. I nearly started crying myself - I was so proud.


Michelle with some of her graduation presents.




After we went home and Michelle opened some of her graduation presents, I took her out to IHOP for a late-night celebration dinner. She has now experienced the joys of stuffed french toast covered with strawberries (one of my IHOP favorites!) We got a booth by the windows so that we could watch the thunderstorm outside.


It's been great to have time to hang out with Michelle. We've had fun watching a ridiculous number of movies, listening to and critiquing music, dyeing our hair, shopping, playing card games (and creating our own rules), and just generally being silly. I've also been teaching Michelle ballroom dancing.


We tried to dye our hair red, but it didn't entirely work. Here are pictures.

No comments: